This past Sunday I took advantage of the amazing weather and headed out to Lake Como, just an hour outside of Milan. I couldn't have picked a more perfect day, it was gorgeous! Although I had been to Como before (back in September on a painfully awkward date....that I didn't realize was a date) I hadn't seen much of the actual lake. This time I went with Jay and we arrived in the actual town of Como and after eating a nice lunch headed up the mountain on the uphill tram. The towns around and above the lake are incredibly quaint with fantastic vistas everywhere. The rest of the day was spent wandering around the shores of the lake and checking out markets within the town. Mid-afternoon we decided to take a 5 euro boat tour of the lake. It was nice to get a different perspective and see the area from the lake. On the tour the guide mainly talked about all the celebrity (both American and Italian) getaways and vacation homes around the lake. Of course the most noteworthy being George Clooney himself. Overall the day was relaxing and enjoyable. Its so nice to get outside of Milan for some fresh air and change of pace!
Ciao!
xoxo
awww too bad you didn't see georgie! :-P
ReplyDelete