Wednesday, December 9, 2009

All Good Things Must Come to an End: Last Day in Austria






After a 7 hour drive (which should have been 3.5) we finally made it back to Milano. The traffic and snow were terrible (especially when you're sitting in the middle seat between two children). I must say that the trip was so great that the drive was totally worth it. The last day full day in Austria was truly wonderful. After a great breakfast I headed off to a yoga class. Although the teacher was actually from North Carolina she taught the class primarily in German because the other two people in the class didn't speak english. It turned out to be a great class...she adjusted some of the positions to make it more challenging for me.

After yoga I wrapped up in my warm ski clothing and met the family outside for our horse-drawn carriage ride through the snow. Before we headed out our driver gave us (the adults) shots of grappa (so gross) to warm us
up. Apparently Bea didn't need the alcohol because within 10 minutes of the ride she was fast asleep on my lap. Paolo was up in front with the driver most of the time and he even got to take the reigns of the horses a few times! We traveled through the forest and passed many cross-country skiers on the way. It was a truly beautiful trip, but by the end I was freezing!

After our peaceful ride through the snow we headed back inside for some lunch...I eagerly ordered a bowl of soup to warm up! The rest of the afternoon was spent finishing up homework with the kids and watching High School Musical 3 for the 500th time. I then had some time to get a little workout in and head to the pool. I probably swam about a 700...hard to tell with the length of the pool, but I was wiped out! After a quick skype sesh with mom I headed up to the fourth floor to hang out with the kids while their parents went to dinner. Yup you
guessed it....that meant room service for me and the kids. A total novelty (not just for them!). The kids watched a few movies while eating dinner and were so excited about the special table the room service man brought (there was a little box underneath that kept the food warm).

After a weekend of total relaxation in the mountains it was time to get back to reality. Unpacking and school pretty much occupied my day today. I had a wonderful break in Austria and can't wait to travel some more!

Ciao!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment