Today was another great day in the mountains of Austria. I met the family downstairs at 9 am for another great breakfast. I had about an hour free while the kids were in the Kids Club so with Gaia's encouragement (that the saunas are empty in the morning) I got up the courage to venture downstairs again. Luckily she was right and I pretty much had the entire place to myself so I was able to actually relax instead of being preoccupied by all the nakedness!
After relaxing in the pool and saunas I got all dressed in my winter clothes and ready to head out into the cold. I met Gaia and the kids downstairs to go out and play in the snow! The kids were so excited about being in the snow they kept making snowballs and throwing them everywhere! We found a little playground with a little zip line next to a pen with two lovely horses. About 45 minutes and thousands of snowballs later we were back inside for lunch.
After lunch was nap/rest time for the kids so I had an hour free to myself so I laid in bed and read (currently reading Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell...I really recommend it). The rest of the afternoon was spent with a group Italian homework session (we all had homework to do), a nice workout for me, and some playing in the kids club.
Dinner tonight was a blast. We all enjoyed our meals but even more so each other's company. The kids were well behaved and genuinely happy. We played word guessing games with all the words in Italian. Not only was it good practice for me, but it was also fun. I really felt like I was part of the family. After dinner we headed out to the lobby where there was live music. Bea was so excited because she'd been dying to dance all weekend. The band played an odd assortment of music including some American country and Marilyn Monroe songs. I don't think it really mattered what music they were playing, Bea was just thrilled to be dancing with me!
Tomorrow we are taking a sleigh ride around the property...so stay tuned! Pictures will follow when I'm back in Milano!
Ciao!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment