The future. What a vague and daunting word. Its something that has been preoccupying my mind for the last few weeks as I enter into my 6th month as an au pair. These feelings are pretty similar to those that I had around this time last year as I was completing my senior year of college. I guess what I've been forgetting lately (that I didn't last year) is that the future is exciting and can be totally spontaneous. Nobody can predict the future, no matter how hard we try. I mean really, who could have told you a year ago that I would be living in Milan, Italy???? I am loving Italy and having a fantastic time, but if these next 6 months go by as quickly as the first 6...I'm going to want to have some sort of plan! The future is all about possibilities and I'm willing to consider them all! I'm pretty sure I want to stay in Milan next year...I haven't finished traveling everywhere that I want to yet and I love the European lifestyle. My Italian has gotten better and I would like for it to continue to improve.
I've decided to get certified in TEFL (teaching english as a foreign language)...I think that should open up some opportunities especially here in Italy. In fact, I finished my first lesson today :)
Grad school is still up in the air...
I guess what I need to remember is that everything will work out in the end. I should stop stressing and just live life to its fullest every moment that I can. Thats not saying that I shouldn't keep trying to plan things...I'm a planner and I always will be. Even if my plans fall through at least I try to be prepared! Either way I should be excited about whatever is coming next in my life...but not be so preoccupied that I forget about what I'm doing now!
Ciao!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment