After getting a quick workout in I headed out to the bus stop to take the 50 to meet Gaia's mother. I've needed a haircut for awhile and Nonna Adriana was going yesterday so she invited me along. This was the first time I took the bus in Milan and I was surprised at how easy it was! We walked to the Chinese hair cutting place and I tried to explain in Italian that I didn't want much cut off and I wanted some layers in the back. I always get nervous about getting my hair cut...especially when it is long, so not being able to communicate directly with the hair dresser made me extremely nervous! If you know me well you are aware that for me nervousness turns into blushing. So there I was getting my hair cut as my face turned whole variety of different shades of red. Fortunately the cut turned out well, and my hair feels much healthier! The best part was the cost....8 euro for it to be washed, cut, and dried!
After a coffee with Nonna Adriana I took the tram back to duomo and walked home. Gaia had been at the travel agency during the day to plan the trip to America this summer. The plan thus far is to go to Miami for 3 weeks (with me...yippee!), and then I would have 15 days off to go home (wherever that may be) while the family does their New England road trip, and then meet back with them in New York. She will get me more dates when she knows them so that I can figure out my plans. I also need to decide if I want to stay with them another year. So many important decisions to make!
For dinner I met up with Meghan for aperitivo at Jackal and then headed down to Piazza di San Lorenzo for another drink. While sitting by the columns we watched two guys our age stare at us so hard that one of them actually ran into a trash can resulting in lots of laughter from both parties. About five minutes later, after his humiliation subsided, they came over to talk to us. Their english was pretty poor so I was forced to speak as much Italian as I knew. It was great practice! Turns out they are both from Cairo, Egypt...how exotic! We talked to them for awhile but then decided we'd rather head out to Le banque.
The last time I was at Le Banque was about two months ago and it was extremely crowded so I had the impression that it was much bigger than it is in reality. When we went this time the place was totally empty. The club is actually an old bank and is very central (and close to my house). Its extremely elegant inside with lots of big armchairs and classy couches....the hand stamp to get in was even in the shape of a crown! The club quickly began to fill up and became very crowded! We had a fun time socializing and dancing the night away!
Ciao!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment