Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Learning Italian: through school, children, and of course dating...

Back online again....the internet is working downstairs but not upstairs (boo). So first of all a big shout-out to my Mom....happy __th Birthday (Oct. 14)!!!!!

Yesterday was my first day of Italian school and to my surprise/delight the only other girl in my class was Aine (the Irish girl from my agency). I can't believe how lucky I am to pretty much be getting private lessons! I actually felt fairly confident and impressed at how much vocabulary I'd actually acquired in a month. Spanish is also a great help! I had some homework...converting the singular forms of words into the plural. It didn't seem too bad, but I think speaking is going to be the biggest challenge for me.

And of course the best way to speak is going to be practice. Bea and Paolo have been great about teaching me Italian words here and there...even if they occasionally teach the words penis or butt without me knowing (yes it has happened already). I have even helped Bea with her Italian homework!

And dating Italian guys will help. Before I came to Italy everyone told me that getting an Italian boyfriend was the best way to learn the language haha. Well I don't know about boyfriends but I did go out on a fun lunch date today and got to practice my Italian a little more (or more like just say some words I knew haha)! I also got to see a different part of the city that I haven't before (by bocconi university)...and rode my first tram!

Ciao!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment