Monday, October 5, 2009

Traveling by Train...


I am currently on the train on my way to Stresa! I have decided to keep a journal on me so that I can record my adventures even when I'm not near a computer. Traveling alone for this weekend adventure will be a great way for me to learn more about the country of Italy and probably force me to speak the language. I can't wait to see this beautiful part of the country! I must say...I'm pretty proud of myself for getting my train tickets and finding the train all on my own. Its incredible how much better the transportation system is here. The cost to take the train is so much more affordable. It cost me less than 5 euros to take a train ride up north, a little longer than 1 hour. Compare that to the nearly $30 ride on Amtrak from Fredericksburg to DC...crazy! I'm sure that i'll be using the train much more once I start planning trips elsewhere. I don't really have much planned for this weekend so I hope everything goes smoothly. I just wanted to get out of Milan and see something different while the weather is still good!

No comments:

Post a Comment