Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lily Allen in Milano!






Yesterday afternoon was pretty hectic. I met the kids at the bus stop and then tried to get a taxi to the birthday party they were invited to. I use the word tried because getting a taxi in Milan at rush hour (or really at any time of day) is practically impossible! We tried calling two taxis which didn't show up while Bea was throwing a tantrum on the side of the road. Just a little stressful to say the least. We finally managed to hail a cab and head off to the 2 year old's birthday party. The taxi driver was really great with the kids...which was a bit of a relief because I was still quite stressed out. He asked them questions about school, riding bikes, whistling, and other things. It made the drive very entertaining for them! Because the kids had homework to finish we couldn't stay for too long, but they had time to play and eat so I think they had fun! The way home went much smoother (minus a little confusion about how to actually exit the building).


After homework and dinner I headed out to the duomo to meet Holly (my australian friend from my italian class). We took the metro to the last stop on the yellow line to go to Alcatraz (the biggest club in Milano) for the Lily Allen concert. Unfortunately we got some bad directions and walked in totally the wrong direction! We even met some french girls going to the same concert and thought they could lead us in the right direction, but alas we were led astray....walking in the wrong direction getting blisters on our feet! We finally managed to find the club (which by the way is really close to the metro...silly us) and bought our tickets. I was thrilled that the tickets were only 25 euro instead of the 30-somthing that the other girls paid in advance! Lily hadn't even come on stage yet so we met up with Ashleigh, Jemma, Kim, and Maria! The concert was pretty fun, I knew most of her songs so that always helps :) I even caught up with Kim (aussie) and Luigi! I was surprised that the concert wasn't full, but maybe she isn't that popular in italy! During the show kim and i tried to head close to the front with ashleigh, jemma (a diehard lily fan) and maria but we were blocked out by these really rude old men! So we ended up just standing in a more open area in the back.

Lily finished her set around 11 and none of us were ready to call it a night! Jemma, Ashleigh and Maria hung around the tour bus waiting for Lily, but Kim, Holly and I decided to head out to my regular Wednesday spot....old fashion! They both managed to get their international cards by pretending to be students (we au pairs are so sneaky!). And headed inside for some dancing and fun! The other girls even caught up with us after stalking Lily's tour bus. All in all a great night out in Milan!

No comments:

Post a Comment